Sunday, April 10, 2016

Frankenstein Mini Composition Books









Frankenstein's Monster Is Coming!!!


First lesson learned is don't wait six years between blogging project!!!


This Christmas, I was "gifted" a Cricut Explore Air from a friend who ended up with a second machine.  How lucky is that?  It is such an amazing machine.  I love that I can design and cut wirelessly from my IPhone.  I don't because I can't see the screen, but I could if I wanted to, just sayin'.


I did this little project for my sister.  She has been knitting obsessively for the past few years and has made some great friends and projects on a website called Ravelry.  A pretty amazing site for all things yarn, knitting and crocheting.  


She is currently in a swap called Frankenstein.  Each person swaps sock yarn and then you knit a pair of socks with whatever you receive.  She asked to have a mini books made so that she can send them along with her yarn.  I'm hoping she will let me post a picture of her creation made from parts of everyone's stash.


For this project I purchased the Frankenstein cut from Cricut. Again, a long way from standing in line for the latest big sale at Joann's to purchase the latest and greatest cartridge.  I still like having the cartridges, but I like having instant access to whatever I want without waiting.


I still have enough paper to open my own shop and many of them I don't have the brand anymore, so bear with me if I can't remember the company names.  I think that this one was from the Dollar Tree Store. 


It is also hard to believe that my Stickles are still flowing and sparkly.  I can't believe all of the stuff that I've accumulated.


I'm hoping to start posting items again and see whether I might be able to see a few things here and there.  We will see.


Thanks for taking a look!













2 comments:

  1. The mini books are perfect for my swap. Everyone loves them and many are using them as a journal of their project. Thanks for being such a great paper-crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini books are perfect for my swap. Everyone loves them and many are using them as a journal of their project. Thanks for being such a great paper-crafter.

    ReplyDelete